Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekend in Austin

Since I was sick this week I wasn't able to work on any craft projects.  Luckily it's a Whatcha Makin' week so hopefully tomorrow I will have time to work on something and post it this week.  I feel like it's been forever since I worked on a craft project!!  I am having serious craft withdrawal!

I spent most of my day Saturday laying around recovering (being lazy) and catching up on Lost and Castle.  I have gotten so behind on my shows this season because I have trouble focusing on television when I'm crafting.  I got all caught up just in time for the final episode of Lost tonight!  It was nice to just watch tv and not work on anything else.  I think my brain needs a break like that sometimes. 

My mom and I went with some friends to the Zilker Park Hillside Theater to see A Midsummer Night's Dream (with a 60s twist) on Saturday night.  The show was put on by Austin Shakespeare

The weather was perfect!  We picked up chinese food at Firebowl and had a little picnic while we waited for the show to start.  I didn't take any pictures during the show because we were sitting in the back (it's so much more comfortable in chairs than on the ground!) and I didn't want to use my flash during the show.  I got a couple of pictures before and after for my 365 project (I alwasy take a lot of pictures and hope that at least one will turn out good enough to use.).

We got there really early because we thought it would be as crowded as the summer musical.

We got to hear the band rehearsing.  I'm kind of a music nerd.  I like that kind of stuff.

I just thought this was cute.  It's the place where Titania, the queen of the fairies, sleeps.
People finally started showing up closer to the start of the show.

I tried to get a picture of the bows but they were all bowing and waving and stuff so they came out blurry.  I mainly wanted the picture because I loved the colors in the background anyway.

It was a really fun show. I am already a fan of that play, but when they started singing 60s style music I fell in love! Puck was hilarious!!  In one part of the play Oberon sends Puck out to find a flower so he ran up into the crowd to "search for it". He came up right where we were sitting and grabbed a cookie off the kid's plate in front of us. I don't think the kid ever figured it out. It was pretty funny!

On Sunday I went to church at The Well.  It was a really great service.  After church they had a little party for the kids with jumping castles and pizza.  I enjoyed it because I got to eat yummy pizza and sit and talk to my friends for a little while.  It always seems like we are so busy with setting up and tearing down church that we never really get to talk on Sundays.  And during the week?  Everyone is so busy that it's hard to find time to just hang out and talk. 

I stopped at the Alamo Drafthouse on South Lamar on my way home to take a picture for my 365 project.  I took a few pictures so I wanted to share the rest since I can only have one for my project. 


Okay, I may have gone a little crazy with the pictures.  I wanted to get a good view of all of it.  I took more from other angles but you get the idea!  ;-)

That was my weekend!  I think it was pretty good.  Gotta go get ready to go to my friends' house now.  We're watching the Lost finale!!!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Velma said...

I'm hoping to see MidSumer next weekend!!! I think I've said this at least 150000 times to you, but it IS my fav!!!

Love the yarn bombing!!!!! I want to do this one day! I think it would be AWESOME!